Mijente is a digital and grassroots hub for Latinx and Chicanx movement building and organizing that seeks to increase the profile of policy issues that matter to our communities and increase the participation of Latinx and Chicanx people in the broader movements for racial, economic, climate and gender justice. Mijente is our 501(c)(4) and Mijente Support Committee our 501(c)(3).
- Introduction to Mijente
- What We Learned at Lánzate, a Gathering of Latinx Organizers and Activists
- How We Make Change is Changing Part I, Part II
- We Do it for Our Gente
To apply, submit your resume along with a cover letter OR video submission. Video submissions should be no longer than 3 mins and can be in English or Spanish.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email email@example.com
MIJENTE NATIONAL DATA MANAGER position
- Work with Mijente National Field Director & Political Director, key state directors, local partners, and leadership to develop national and local campaign voter universes, turfs and field plans (including GOTV and voter registration efforts).
- Manage and provide data support for Mijente field teams, including effective supervision and development of canvassers working in multiple states ability to manage and track their data;
- Manage overall voter contact operations, tracking performance to goals for local and national Mijente campaigns, including establishing accountability systems and quality controls in the field to ensure that campaign goals are met and data is compiled and accurate;
- Supervise the use of Mijente voter contact tech (VAN, Hustle, EveryVote, etc) available to partners to be used during local field campaigns, including training and support for local staff as needed;
- Support local state-directors and local partners in the management of their field outreach and their targeting and gathering of data;
- Oversee data sharing and field management with national and local coalition partners;
- Oversee integration and tagging of data gathered during election operations into Mijente’s data management system;
- Develop data strategy and analytics to increase discipline and improve outcomes of Mijente’s work
- Provide data reports and assessment of campaign goals and tactics;
- Participate in planning for national convergences and mobilization by Mijente;
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with large quantities of data and voter files, modeling and targeting, the Voter Action Network (VAN), and EveryAction.
- Experience with Civis Analytics and proficiency in SQL preferred.
- Ability to train staff on the use of voter contact technology, including NPG VAN, relational, and peer-to-peer programs.
- Experience managing data for a large-scale campaign.;
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts while maintaining important and effective relationships;
- Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks, and demonstrated experience in developing campaign and personal work plans and goals;
- Ability to travel on a regular basis as needed;
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) preferred.
Reports to: National Field Director
Salary: $65,000-75,000 plus full benefits depending on experience
Location: National, North Carolina, Georgia or Arizona preferred
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure your submission is properly routed, your subject line should be: “Mijente Data Manager Position”
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No calls please.
Applicant must have 24hr access to high speed internet and newer model laptop computer
Mijente is an affirmative action employer. Mijente believes that all people are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any matters on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, gender identity and presentation, religion or spirituality, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, physical characteristics, marital status, pregnancy or parental status.