Mijente is a digital and grassroots hub for Latinx and Chicanx movement building and organizing that seeks to increase the profile of policy issues that matter to our communities and increase the participation of Latinx and Chicanx people in the broader movements for racial, economic, climate and gender justice. Mijente is our 501(c)(4) and Mijente Support Committee our 501(c)(3).
- Introduction to Mijente
- What We Learned at Lánzate, a Gathering of Latinx Organizers and Activists
- How We Make Change is Changing Part I, Part II
- We Do it for Our Gente
To apply, submit your resume along with a cover letter OR video submission. Video submissions should be no longer than 3 mins and can be in English or Spanish.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Organizer position
The digital organizer will support the digital & communications team. This position will develop a keen sense of Mijente’s values, politics and constituency to listen to, manage, and grow social media platforms, drive effective digital organizing efforts, and track the effectiveness of our messaging platforms. They will maintain messaging calendars and ensure all content is curated in accordance with Mijente style principles and published across all platforms. The position requires flexibility, strong organization skills, the ability to track, engage with, and create compelling grassroots digital content to drive Mijente’s base building and digital organizing efforts.
- Social Media
- Community listening and management
- Maintain messaging calendar
- Social content creation & curation (primary social writer, graphic designer)
- Social publisher
- Uphold social protocols/guidelines
- Digital Campaigner
- Draft written content for messaging channels, and copy edit all outgoing social media communications.
- Email and digital asset production
- Web site content and updates
- Assist with content creation (blogs/videos/toolkits)
- Digital and Communications Analyst
- Track and report on digital analytics and progress to digital goals to guide the team’s content strategy
- Support with communications tracking and monitoring (e.g. logging media lists and performance)
- Social Media
- Previous experience creating digital content and managing a robust social media calendar; campaign or electoral experience preferred
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Willingness to take feedback and develop their own skills to achieve desired outcomes.
- Understanding of community organizing and proven ability to translate that to digital organizing.
- Keen awareness of the 24 hour news cycle and of the digital/comms relationship
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Adaptive and can think and work quickly independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable with social media platforms, metrics and analytics like Facebook Insights, Twitter Insights, Google Analytics and know how to use them to recommend messaging strategy and tactics
- Record of successful engagement with a growing base and within a fast-paced work environment
Send the following materials to email@example.com with
“Digital Organizer” and your name in the subject line:
- Cover letter
- 2 Links to social media channels or digital platforms that you’ve created for or managed and specify your role in each
- 3 Writing Samples for digital content
Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis and applications are due no later than September 30th, 2019.
Starting salary is negotiable commensurate with experience, beginning at $55k/annually; benefits include vacation, personal time off and health and wellness package. This position is remote and requires moderate travel.
Mijente is an affirmative action employer. Mijente believes that all people are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any matters on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, gender identity and presentation, religion or spirituality, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, physical characteristics, marital status, pregnancy or parental status.