Announcing Escuelitas 2019!
Regional trainings for Latinx change-makers interested in building political home and collective power.
Join us this summer in Greensboro, NC; San Antonio, TX; and Denver, CO! Two summers ago, we held our first series of Mijente Escuelitas for members and potential members to deepen our analysis, grow our skills, and strengthen the community of Latinx changemakers who can take on the attacks of our time and seize the opportunities to transform our future. The training will focus on looking at different historical and international examples of organizing, exploring what it means to create political home together, identifying ways to plug-in, and practicing concrete skills to be the movement-builders that we need.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- 1 ½ days of in-person training focused on Mijente’s strategies for building Latinx power, overview of our membership structure, political analysis and opportunities for building Mijente as a political home.
- Escuelitas will happen between June-August of 2019 in 3 different locations and are open to 30-40 participants for each training.
- Escuelitas are interactive, hands-on trainings that require active participation and engagement from participants. We’ll be using group discussions, popular education, theater and presentations throughout the agenda to engage multiple learning styles.
- Mijente members ready to host ongoing meetups, build local circles in your area, join or start national crews.
- Latinx folks/potential members eager to learn more about Mijente’s work, membership and ways to plug in.
- Must be able to participate in the entire training starting Saturday morning (til 5PM) and evening Sunday afternoon (by 2PM).
Sign-up for one of the weekend-long Escuelitas below:
Greensboro – June 29-30 – Purchase Tickets
San Antonio – August 3-4 – Purchase Tickets
Denver – August 24-25 – Purchase Tickets
Interested participants are encouraged to take advantage of the $25 member registration by becoming members at members.mijente.net
Registration includes costs associated with organizing the meeting (site, interpretation, materials, childcare, etc.), breakfast and lunch during the training. Need based scholarships are available, email email@example.com for more info.
Solidarity housing may be available in people’s homes and limited travel support is available upon request. Please indicate if you’ll need it on your registration form. Looking forward!
Mijente Escuelitas Program Agenda 2019
Day 1 – Saturday 9am-5:30pm
MIJENTE: THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND WHAT’S POSSIBLE
BUILDING POWER WITHIN, WITHOUT, & AGAINST THE STATE
GETTING IN FORMATION CON MIJENTE
Day 2 – Sunday 9am-3pm
WELCOME + RECAP
MAY THE FUERZA BE WITH US
DIGITAL ORGANIZING 101
FAQ/WTF: QUE ONDA MIJENTE
¿Y AHORA QUE? BUILDING OUR POWER
EVALUATION + CLOSE