Mijente is a digital and grassroots hub for Latinx organizing and movement building. Launched in 2015 at our founding Lánzate convening, we seek to contribute to a Latinx social movement that is pro-Black, pro-immigrant, pro-planet, pro-worker, pro-indigenous because Latinx people are part of all these communities. Emerging from the #not1more deportation campaign, we believe in the power of organizing, campaigns and direct action rooted in community, with leadership of those directly affected by issues we address. See our current priorities here.
We seek to contract organizers in order to help equip local communities to organize, resist and build alternatives in the face of the current political situation in the United States. Organizers’ primary responsibilities include: individual recruitment, accompaniment and technical assistance in the formation of local committees and organizations, facilitation and training, campaign support, and direct action support.
Our ideal candidate:
– Alignment with Mijente’s purpose and current priorities.
– Has a proven ability to work across class, race, nationality/ethnicity, and LGBTQ communities.
– Is proficient in English and Spanish language; Spanglish is OK.
– Has a commitment to cultivating leadership among community members and local partner organizations.
– Has 2+ years of organizing, recruitment and/or training experience.
– Is a self starter, takes initiative, able to work remotely, and is a strong relationship builder and team player
– likes data as much as you like people (or at least a little bit)
– familiar with social media for organizing
Position requires very frequent travel. Flexibility on where organizers are based. Contract for one year (with possibility of extension) at 3/4 time; wellness and sustainability benefits included.
Applications are now closed